CES day 1


It is now quarter to 1 EST, which means Bill Gates has shut up and the Show-floor is now open. Potent Notables so far include...
Sharp - 108" LCD TV. "Yeah, wait till you see the price tag
Samsung - wants Digital TV in your car, as if you don't already have enough junk in there. Navigation, MP3/WMA, CD Changers Satellite Radio, DVD, Massage, Refrigerators and the ubiquitous Self Parking.
Samsung - Old People Telephones -" Hey Grandma, here a phone with three buttons. Operator, 911, and Home. Because I care".
Microsoft - IpTV Home Server - Can I get one without bugs?
LG - HD-DVD, Blu-Ray player - I think I already said my piece on this guy.
Sony - Internet HDTV streaming to Bravia LCD's (and the like). Sounds like more subscription services to me.
HP - MediaSmart Server - Same Ol' thing, HP Package.
Westinghouse - More TV's, this time with 1080p scrawled all over them. Good for you Westinghouse!

That's all for now. Of course there will be more to come, it's CES.
Yes, I promise I will get to "that Guy".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOX News ... Still Unfunny

How to blow 145 Billion!

and Mitt Romney is still an inchorent ass