It’s the most wonderful time of the year!


Hey all, it’s January, it’s warm outside, and you haven’t heard from Bill Gates in a while. You know what that means… It’s CES TIME.

I know what your thinking - “Already, wasn’t I just there last year”.

Why yes, it is, and NO, I don't remember anything about last years Vegas trip.

This year convention for “Ricks”, is going to be an absolute extravaganza of redundancy and pomp, just like last year. While there do seem to be some rather exciting things to be seen and fondled throughout, I think we all know that CES is more of a marketing bonanza than an actual consumer electronics showcase. Think about it, where else can you see, Mr. Gates spouting on about his “vision” for the new millennium and how much money you will pay to get a slice of his vision. Net Gear, D-Link, HP, Intel, LG, Sony and even Warner brothers are supposed to be making “landmark” announcements this year. The only problem is (and call me cynical, all you want) most of the stuff they plan on announcing is absolute dreck.

  1. Warner Brothers and they're THD disc, yet another entry into the High Definition DVD debacle, although it is supposed to make use of all other formats as well. Riddle me this WB. Instead of sticking your nose where it doesn’t belong in the world of Consumer Electronics, why don’t concentrate on media creation (or at least good media creation)?
  2. Most of the products that win accolades on the showfloor, never see the florescent light of an actual retail show room. Have you seen this thing at your neighborhood Best Buy? No ! Giving new meaning to what happens in Vegas, stays (and sometimes dies) in Vegas.
  3. My Cell phone needs to do nothing more than, to be a great PHONE! I know when I start spouting off about things like this I sound like some old cantankerous man sitting on his porch mumbling about the neighborhood kids and his lawn. Nevertheless, I don’t need a cellphone to take pictures or to play music, or even be a remote control. I want a phone that never drops a call, which can tell me the name of who is calling without them being in my phone book. How about them apples, damn whippersnappers and their MySpace phones. WTF is up with a MySpace PHONE! Sorry, but I’m not a 13yo boy that needs to be in constant contact with my new pedophile friend “Seymourbuttss”
  4. How many more gadgets do I need? OK, that’s really stupid coming from me, but I’m starting to get disillusioned with the idea of the obsolescence that is built into products today. I’m tired of having to replace one thing, just because the new model does everything I thought the original did.

Maybe I should stop writing about things like this ?

Viva! See you there


More on this guy later!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOX News ... Still Unfunny

How to blow 145 Billion!

and Mitt Romney is still an inchorent ass